Tuesday 13 December 2011

Charlie James - New Songs!!!

My continuing musical journey took an exciting turn in August 2011 after a very productive meeting with my management company Global Music Entertainment Group about my future direction. Must firstly say a massive thank you to Jim Jomoa for all his support and mentoring in 2011 which has helped me develop hugely as a musician and artist.
I’d been searching for a while for a likeminded producer and song writing collaborator(s) to work with, to help me raise my game as an artist, writer and singer and forge a new musical identity that works best for me.
So I was delighted when my manager found the fantastic Phil Ogden who checked out my existing material and was interested in collaborating. I checked out Phil’s own work and was duly impressed by his range, texture and quality as a producer. Phil  sent me a couple of initial backing track ideas for me to consider which even in their basic form were amazingly inspirational and I instantly connected with them hearing plenty of top line melody and lyrical ideas. Phil and I haven’t met or even spoken yet, working entirely remotely via the internet, something I’d never done before but so far the experience has been a total pleasure and creatively we’re definitely on the same page.
At the same time I was also put in touch with my now good friend Michelle Jones to start co-writing new material together. I knew Michelle from the start of signing with Global Music Entertainment Group, we’d instantly clicked and I knew she was a good writer. So pretty soon I had a great little production team around me. Michelle is a joy to work with, always challenging me to raise my game and be as good as I can possibly be as a writer and singer, getting me to really think about how a song builds and works, the top line melody, harmonies and every lyric...she has a good instinct for a song and sharp antennae for detecting and quickly killing off anything cheesy.
The results of this dream team are 3 new song demos and there’s more to come in the pipeline, hope you enjoy:
There’s loads of exciting things planned for next year with more new songs, gigs and my first single release so here’s to a great 2012 x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Charlie%20JamesQuantcast